2011-04-07

NMO

Today 6 months ago - on 2010-10-07 - I got a bad disease called neuromyelitis optica.

It nearly killed me within the first hours, but some good people in the hospital saved my life. I was lucky, because I was in a hospital at that time (for some other reasons).

I spent a month in the intensive care unit of the hospial, sleeping a lot, dreaming bad dreams, and fighting for my life.

Then I spent two long months in the monitoring station, struggeling with my blood circuit and other things. After another month in a regular station, I finally moved to the rehabilation center called Weisser Hof.

I cannot feel and move my legs anymore, so I am learning to use a wheel chair.

My body becomes stronger now, and I feel more energy, so I try to come back to a regular life.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment